Thursday, January 7, 2010

Dahil ang Buhay ay Sadyang Maikli Lamang

A real friendship is a rare thing, mixed with excitements, troubles, and sometimes defeat and losses, and most of all, it I a thing in which you will learn how to break rules and understand what it is like to be a man in your own world.

It’s 4 am, just finished making a movie, the program I have used is movie maker, I am not that skilled in this type of program so it’s expected to have simple slides, very simple transitions, hallowed effects, but has a very good sound mixing, it’s my profession though. The movie I had finished is about my high school band, The feared ARMADA

Actually, my band consist of 6 members namely; Kate Rose and chuck – vocalist; Aldo – lead; Janzen – Rhythm Guitar; Jerome – Bassist; and me as their drummer. Way back in the summer of 2006, on the fourth of May to be exact, that was our first jamming, we played a hell lot of latest music in that year and most are Pinoy rock and alternative. I was a “totoy” back then; I really don’t like long hair so as my fellow “emo” band mates with long bangs. What can you expect, post – hardcore fashion was a boom at that time. But unlike Chuck, my vocalist, he prefers long hair than emo hair, but we get along just fine.
If I can remember, the first line up of our songs was this:

DOOBI DOO
AMBISYOSO
MARTYR NIEBERA
SAMA – SAMA
SA MGA BARKADA (greatly influenced by Alamid)
SALAMAT
PEKSMAN (on our very own version)

And later on, with My chemical romance, Silverstein, bless the fall, and then switched back to timeless alternatives like Evanescence, Paparoach, Creed, and finally resides to innovative compositions like SUNOG, API, and some real Pinoy Rock like NOSI BA LASI, ANAK and such. And we did some guestings, GIGS, etc.

The hardest part of being a band, is to stay being a band, after all the hardships you went through, still, you can’t escape the reality that all of us had an obligation in real life. You can’t escape the reality of career, miseries and break –ups. It was my first year on PUP, that’s the last time we had a jamming, it was my birthday, I am so surprised that my Band has reunited. One of my band mates, “bangag” band mates had made a toast for our five years of friendship. I was so happy but I cannot show them how happy I was because they might think it I'm lame and so sissy.

Well, we are still a band, though some of us are studying like me, some are working, some have repeated fourth year high school, some have entered theater arts, and some had their families now. It is so amazing to see that I am a part of this band, my training ground, my place of crime, my sanctuary in time of need, my life, my friends..

Cheers for the five years of happiness, defeat and friendship forever….

ARMADA

2 comments: